Here's the backround on my car. I have over 6000 miles on my challenger 340 with the Mopar elect ignition package. I did all the work my self as far as wiring goes. I have the wiring diagrams and made a few mods to the car in order to accommodate a tilt steering column I got from flaming river in my car. Like I said cars been on the road for 3 years and runs great. I have an issue with ignition coils however, went a long time on a msd blaster 2, but I left the key on one time working on something and it popped its top, so I got an msd epoxy filled one, lasted one long trip then failed, then switched to the cheap yellow accel brand and prob lasted around 1000miles each ( went through 2). I since discovered that I made and error on my wiring and realized that power to the coil wasn't even goin through the ballast resistor. I have since eliminated one wire (brown wire) that shared a common contact with the drk blue. I now have around 12v in the crank key position and 6 v during run position.
All seemed well, I get around 14.8v during idle at the battery and about the same at the batt terminal at the alt, I saw it hit 15v initially after start up then it eventually went lower to 14.3v.
My question is, my multimeter is a nice unit (snap on) that has been calibrated but do these readings seem high?

Also is it possible to get voltage readings off a ballast resister pins and or the coil + and - terminals? I get some funky readings, that just don't seem right . And yes I have the meter reading on the appropriate scale.

Also I went through the bulkhead connections and all is well there.

Thanks a lot guys for any input you might have. Appreciate the help I always seems to get here and hope to gain some confidence in cursing this summer.

Last edited by Publicbottle; 07/22/16 06:43 PM.