After owning this GTX for ten years now, and having it torn apart for ten years, I may be seeing some light at the end of tunnel as far as the paint and bodywork goes.

The story on this car is a typical E-Bay deal. I made the mistake of not flying across the country to check it out in person, instead relying on a company to inspect the car for me. It looked good from the outside, was a real six pack car and ran pretty strong, but it was a turd under the skin. Typical '90's restoration. Previous owner was drag racing it: solid lifter 446, 727 with an eight inch convertor, 4.30 gears, slicks, etc.

I started gathering parts to restore the GTX over the years. Ten years ago parts were hard/impossible to find. Not much in the way of good reproduction parts. Bought quarter skins and another two piece trunk floor. Hated those and sold them when AMD finally came out with the full factory style quarters and trunk floor. Found the correct bench seat with the fold down armrest in Iowa. Lots of AMD sheet metal. Anything with a hole cut in it, rusted, or poorly done previous repair is getting replaced.

I had it media blasted, top bottom, inside and out. My body guy built a jig to clamp the body down, so it wasn't tying up one of the frame racks for months on end.

It's been at the body shop for a couple of years now, awaiting it's turn for body and paint. I can't complain, it needs a lot of work, it'll get done right and it should be pretty nice when it's done.

gtx70.jpggtx12.jpggtx15.jpg