Originally Posted By therocks
Typically they tell you to remove the over center spring with a diaphram clutch.If clutch is slipping you have a problem.With a B&B clutch you should have OC spring.There should be another spring on fork.Its small and assissts the return of the pedal.Just got another new one for my 65.Rocky

yes it definitely needed adjustment from where the installer had it... thats where i'm at... when i'm at the recommenced 1/4 inch freeplay at bearing (factory is 5/32 I think?), i get the pedal to the floor symptoms of a diaphram with an over center spring... as i move the adjustment closer to zero (in full contact with pp) it starts to get better and the pedal starts to sit higher and more towards that 1 inch of freeplay at the pedal... but I run out of adjustment before the overcenter spring is functioning properly... if I had another 1/4 inch on the bearing to pp distance i'd have it.

I am now thinking the pedal rod is too short ?? anyone have a factory measurement for a 1970 cuda pedal to z bar rod ?

Last edited by smac77; 06/22/16 12:09 PM.

Restoration, Sales and Canadian Distributor For:
AMD Sheetmetal
Wizzard Direct Fit, Bolt In Aluminum Radiators
Legendary Interiors
SSBC & Wilwood Brakes
Control Freak Suspensions
Fine lines Tubing
and many more...
www.macleanclassics.com