Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I built a new pump gas street Hemi motor for a customer using the new World block last summer, I removed the in block oil restrictor to measure the I.D. of it. it was .040 so I put it back in. The cam is groove to oil the rockers full time and it is in a street car that has around 1500 street miles in it now, the rockers are a set of the stainless Stage 5 and that restrictor sizes seems just about right to me. I have ran the motor with the valve covers off and inspected the push rod ends and rocker shafts and so on several times looking for oil starvation, nothing bad so far. The top end seems to be getting more than enough lubrication and it is not floodiing the top end with oil like I have seen on other Hemi motors with full time oiling to the rockers with out a resrtictor. The choice is yours. I agree it is pronbally a lot smarter to have access to the restrictor without having to pull the heads to change the restrictor size

Cab , doesn't the world block oil directly from the galleys and not thru the #4 cam bearing journal ?

The World block does oil direct and not from the cam bearing. This is why they provide a .040 restrictor. I am just wondering what people are doing on there build. The Indy Legend heads that I am using have provisions for restriters under the shafts and obviosly easier to access once the engine is assembled.

i'd use the head restrictors , remove the ones in the block