Originally Posted By robertop
"They claim are made of hardened aluminum" ! Is that like " military intelligence" ? How ridiculous...I would like a word with those clowns, just to see their argument. Reminds me of the "clear aluminum" from a Star Trek movie of the past.

Well...

http://www.cliftonsteel.com/aluminum-armor-plate.html

Quote:

ALUMINUM ARMOR PLATE

Clifton Steel carries a complete stocking program of aluminum armor plate in the latest revisions of MIL-DTL-46027, MIL-DTL-46063 and 5083-H32. Our vast inventory includes a variety of sizes and widths of military aluminum armor plate all available for rapid delivery. Clifton Steel’s armor plate is fully DOD approved.

MIL-DTL-46027 REV J OR LATEST

MIL-DTL-46027 is supplied as a 5083-H131 product. Ballistic reports are supplied for thicknesses over 0.499" per specification. Our stock range is 0.250" thru 3". Typical stock size is 72" wide x 144" long.

MIL-DTL-46063 REV H OR LATEST

The increased strength of this 7039 grade provides for improved ballistics resistance over the MIL-DTL-46027. Ballistic reports are supplied for thicknesses over 0.499" per specification. Our stock range is 0.250" thru 3". Typical stock size is 72" wide x 144"

5083-H32

5083-H32 is a commercial grade of aluminum certified to ASTM B-209 and is often used as a component in composite armoring applications. Our stock range is 0.250" thru 4". Typical stock size is 48" wide x 144" long.

Request a quote for a military aluminum armor plate that meets your application requirements.

Aluminum:

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon