Make 3/8" plates to mount the R5 motor plate to ba fabbed bracket on fram rail. Buy, a rack and tube K member to clear drysump so you dont have to mount engine high. Buy, a used header for R5 and relocate a couple tubes.

Buy, my R5 to Reid bellhousing kit. It comes with 1/4" midplate and uses shelf stock parts from any performance retailer.

The bellhousing was designed for Reid half cases. Either Glide or Turbo 400. If you insist on running torqueflite I can get you an adapter to cut your bell off and bolt this ring to your pump. For a heavy car I would suggest a 3 speed. The glide wilk work but really work the converter.

These engines are clearanced for warm operating temps. Expect some oil smoke until it warms up. Idle hot oil pressure is scary low. If dragracing you can block off piston oilers and valve cover oilers. Some teams had pressure valves that sut off under 30 psi. I have not found them for sale. Would love to have that on valve covers. It is on my to do list of things to make.

My only regret with these engines. Is not switching over 10 years ago.

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.