Originally Posted By stumpy
Why not just use one of the already existing screw holes in the A pillar trim? Puts it in the lower corner of the windshield where it's easy to see and out of the way.That way you don't mess up a good dash and pad. You can run the wiring down the trim on the side and it is out of the way and hidden.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think that may be a bit far to the side, but I'll hold the tach up there and see. scope

My dash pad is crap so drilling holes in it won't be a problem - someday I will buy one of those slip-on covers. Right now I don't even have an interior (still fabricating seat brackets and other things), although there is a pretty good sized pile of trim parts that came with the rolling shell ten years ago and the A-pillar trim might be in there.

Quote:
I believe someone on FABO was making the brackets that slip under the pad. I'm sure there is a thread about it over there.

Classic Industries has something that'll work, but $90 plus shipping?? I'll make one like it myself for that money. Thanks for pointing it out wink I'll take a look over on FABO too.

Edit: there's a LOT of discussion on FABO, but most of the picture links are expired. I think making one that slips under the dash pad will be the best bet. Thanks for all the suggestions smile

Last edited by DrCharles; 05/11/16 05:12 PM.