Originally Posted By ruderunner
That's not what you said before.

Which time? The one where I said it's always the TPS or that the VSS is basically for the speedometer and cruise control?

I probably should have said that by the description of the condition and information provided by the OP that it's always the TPS but I hate typing on this tablet so answers can be short and concise, sorry.

As for the second statement I stand by that. The PCM does not constantly monitor the VSS signal for O/D. It only cares that it's above 32 MPH to allow it and it turns it off at 30. The speedometer and the cruise control are very reliant on the VSS though and it's exact reading at all times.

The PCM also needs to know that the coolant temperature is above 60 degrees but it doesn't constantly monitor that either and no one mentioned that or the transmission temperature switch. All of the OP's described conditions involved throttle input, so I refer back to my first explanation. I hope this helps clear things up.

And BTW, '93 was around the year when the designations changed so the OP's original description of a 46RH is indeed correct.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.