If it was me, I would have just lost confidence in the engine builder, and I would let him know that. I'd call him and tell him that it won't turn over all the way, maybe take it and show him, and then tell him that you now have reason to doubt the quality of his work, and will be taking it somewhere else for a full inspection. you will deduct any cost from what you owe him. if you already paid him, then you could try to invoice him for it, or cancel the credit card payment in full, and work it out afterwards.

unless you are familiar with the builder, have done work with him before, or know his work from other buddy's or friends of yours. if it was my first time there, and I had no history with them, I'd be extremly suspect of the rest of their work.

but, then again, I had a machine shop hose me on SEVERAL items that I discovered during my build up.

For example:

A) I spec'd the pistons to be .005 in the hole. calculated it out, knowing the deck height, rod, stroke, compression height, etc. it should have been .005 in the hole. on mock up, they called me and said "it all spins pretty good, everything checks out great. by the way, this thing is zero deck" when iwas putting it together myself, I measured them, and they were not zero deck, they were where they should have been, .005 in the hole!

B) I asked them to mock it up for me and check piston to valve clearance, and tell me what length pushrods I needed. I ordered the size they told me I needed, and they were .500" too long! the valves wouldn't even close! (apparently they forgot to switch out the solid lifter they used during mock up, to a hydraulic lifter for checing pushrod length)

C) they said they put it all together and it spun around great. when I put it together, the crank wouldn't even move because the main bearings needed to be shaved to work with my crank

D) After lots of mis-communication, confusion, and lack of understanding on how I wanted it balanced, I fired them and picked up all my stuff. they quipped at me "by the way, that cam is no good. it won't make enough vacuum to shift your transmission" I reminded them that the flywheels are for manualtransmissions, flex plates are for automatics, and it's a mopar, there is no vacuum signal needed for the automatic transmission!

--there's more that I could go into, but, you get the idea

so, if they missed that one tiny thing (oil pick up--if that's what it is) ask yourself...what else did they miss?

**Photobucket sucks**