My winch is one of the best mods to my trailers. I put a standard hitch style receiver on the front of both my enclosed and my flat deck trailer. The winch goes with either one as needed. I've even used it stuck in the reciever of a parts truck to pull it back and get a better angle to load the trailer.

As for the winch: a 9K with power in and power out.... I don't remember the brand. It was a cheap craigslist find.

I modified the winch's soloniod case to add a manual switch on the winch body itself. A lesson learned the hard way when I figured out I forgot my controller about three hours from home. Easy mod.

The wireless controller will have a dead battery when you need it most. Get a 25' 3-prong extension cord, cut of the ends, cut your winch controller wire in half (DON"T cut near the end... bad idea) and splice in the extension cord. now you can steer and control the winch at the same time.

FWIW, the first trailer I had with a winch used a cheap wireless boat trailer winch. Controller battery died so often I started taking it out after I used it, then lost the remote... The winch also didn't power out, so when I dropped of a body to the painter, it was sporty with no brakes on the car and no power winch.

-Ben