Has anyone fit an A-body 8-3/4 into an E-body? I'm needing some more tire clearance, for the outside (fender) and the only options that will help me out are to narrow my rear end, or install an A-body rear end that I have. Additionally I intend to install a offset spring kit to gain the clearance and area needed for the A-body rear end. I've done some rough measuring and it seems it should work.

I posted some of this story about a month ago and have since been thinking about the A-body axle laying around in the back. My issue is the rear quarter on the passenger side. I've done the math, taken the pictures, scratched my head, drew out diagrams, now I lean on you, my Bretheran Mopar bros....A into E= Meats in the back? An

Any help, experience or recommedation will be appreciated. I've been delaying the inevitable since I installed these tires 13+yrs ago...they are worn out and I need more on the ground.

I also contacted Stockton Wheel and they will gladly make a new set of wheels for me with the needed 5" offset....That's another option.

Thanks!!

-dc

-dc
SOUTHERNPLAINSMOPAARFEST.COM
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 5.2 AWD-Daily grinder since 1997
1971 Barracuda, 414ci, 6bbl Fitech, 727
1970 Barracuda Convertible, 472 Ray Barton Hemi, 727