Originally Posted By RMCHRGR
Thanks guys! Save for the dyno guys gas and these nervous-tick Sleestak noises he was making all day, it was pretty cool. I gave him a good tip at the end of the day so I'm sure he was appreciative.

I think the thing that was most beneficial for me was the A/F readings. I have an A/F meter in my car and can get fixated on it sometimes so it's good to know where the motor likes to be. The info from the dyno provides a good baseline/starting point for 'tuning'. I can be pretty ham fisted with a carburetor so this will help keep me grounded.

I talked with the operator about jetting after we did the change and he said messing with the jets and air bleeds at the track can get you way out of whack. He might have been coming from a hard-core bracket racer perspective though which does not relate to my situation completely. I tend to agree for the most part but, I don't have anything in the way of electronics in my car like a two step etc. so timing changes and jets are about all I can play with easily. My goal is not to mess with anything and hopefully I won't have to for a while.

Was also thinking about the oil leaks from the pan. I changed out the filter on the dyno and lost some oil but not a huge amount. I put the new one on and put a little more than 3/4 of a quart back in so there may have been slightly too much oil in the pan. The pan calls for 5 plus the filter so perhaps it was too full. Doubtful, but maybe. Going to see if I can pressure test with soapy water to pinpoint the leaks.

Thanks again for the well wishes.

Not in agreement on the bleed/jet change at track stuff but how do you learn where the threshold limits are if you don`t cross em...........I can walk ya through stuff if u`d like........760-900-3895............

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....