Originally Posted By cudadon
Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
I've dyno tested race gas against the local pump E85, I had a carb. done for the E85 and this motor lost 12 HP, 687 to 675 HP but gained 40 ft lbs of torque with the E85 thumbs I did have to change the jetting to get best power but that is not unusual when you live and race at 3500 to 2500 ft. above sea level shruggy the car is deadly consistent from early morning to late afternoon also, minimal changes in ET and MPH boogie

Cab sounds good. Who did your carb? Was it a new build or a conversion?
Thanks, Don
I had AJ Caselini at BG racing (SP?) convert a gasoline Holley 1150 CFM that I bought used on here to E85 thumbs To be fair I should have explained on the first post the gas carb. was a older Holley #9375 1050 CFM gas carb, the E85 had annuler boosters added with skirts so I'm sure it didn't flow 1150 CFM anymore, I had to jet it down 3 Holley jet sizes to get it to make max power on the DTS dyno in Klamath Falls, OR. It is at 4300 Ft above sea level so that has to be consider for these tests, the changing of the carb. and switching the fuel took about 25 minutes in the late morning so I considered the results to be valid thumbs twocents The two main benefits I saw was the motor deosn't heat up as fast and the fuel costs are a lot cheaper for E85 compared to race gas out here, the car is way more consistent now also thumbs I don't think the motor would make more HP with the same exact CFM size carbs. on E85 work Internal combustion motors need to make heat per stroke to increase HP, all the alcholol fuels I know of don't have the same BTU per gallon as diesel and gasoline fuel do. I know racers that have switch to straight methanol alcholol fuel and went faster, but they use about twice the amount of fuel per run also work

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 04/08/16 12:51 AM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)