Originally Posted By Dragula
Originally Posted By OUTLAWD
Originally Posted By Dragula

And just to pick on you a little....It has to survive more than one run.....I watched one of your 9s vids, very impressive, but I would like to see it live a little more than a pass or two at that ET. I am thinking, a 5.7 hemi is in your future and 9.50's or faster...

Seriously? Not to speak for him, but I believe he has been bracket racing the thing. If going rounds and driving on the street isn't proof enough, not sure what is...

If I recall, when he surpassed my Duster's ET and posted the vid, it let go on the next pass or two...Don't know how many passes he logged before the nice 9s pass, but I am still impressed how a mild 360 street car keeps up and even surpass's my pump gas BB race car.

Me, I woud take all I learned, and go 5.7 stroker/392 Hemi and turbo, put a glass hood on it for weight transfer, and run low 9's all day. I think he has it all figured out at this point.

It's all a learning experience. Who else has gone that fast with a stock block sb in a streetcar. Between dizuster and I, I'm pretty sure we're going to test every limit of a stock block sb. I know what mine broke at with no fill or girdle,and 2 years of many miles of street abuse and easily over 100 passes and I firmly believe with a tall fill and a girdle it will go 8s this year at weight (3650) safely

I know he talked about going gen3 hemi, and I don't blame him. If I had the funds I'd be doing to same thing, but I like these ratty Ole small blocks, and they're cheap.

Last edited by 1980volare; 04/03/16 02:10 PM.