Originally Posted By ademon
Originally Posted By Mopar Guy
Originally Posted By jbc426
I read the BG carbs are significantly smaller than the Mopar Holleys. I love the DC mechanical carbs, but you have to know how they like to be driven. Nothing mysterious, but you can't mash them open at 2000 rpm and expect the port velocity to be high.

You have been missinformed ! The flow are rated dry on some and wet on some so thats why the numbers vary but i have flow tested the outer stock Holley carbs that is rated to 500cfm and the BG carbs are only about 4 cfm under those BUT the center BG carb flow the same amount so al 3 carbs together in flow numbers the BG would be bigger and i can open mine from 1500 rpm to full in a 4 speed Challenger without any hesitation what so ever on a RB stroker of 505 cubes whit same cam as you use from Hughes so i gues you need to tune more then !?

I think he is referring to the old DC mechanical carbs, those end carbs flow more than the stock vacuum 6 pack end carbs. They are basically a 850cfm DP cut in half, they have the slabbed throttle shafts. Flow is around 1050 to 1,100 true CFM.

I can floor my DC mechanical 6bbl off idle and no bog, cough, backfire.. Just acceleration!!! I do have it on a tiny 365ci maybe 400hp demon with a 4,400rpm stall and drag radials! My A/F meter still showes it lean at WOT 13.5 with 77/78's on the end carbs, 64 center.

Are you shore that the DC mecanical carbs list number 82 and 83 outer carbs have bigger venturi than the stock vacume !? i own two NOS sets of those and the throttel blades shore looks smaler on al 3 DC carbs ! Any way my BG six pack carbs as i stated before flow the same becaus they are same body and just about 4 cfm under the stock outer vacume carbs so they would have bigger flow numbers than the stock al 3 together as the stock center carb is way smaler than the outer carbs and they just work fantasic.