Well it LOOKED like we were done thrashing for a while but we were wrong.

I set the front ride height and we had it aligned. The problem was that there was coolant bubbling out from under the PS valve cover, again. I thought that we had a problem before with coolant coming in from around the head to intake manifold port so it was resealed. When I reran the engine I left the thermostat out and we didn't have a leak. Problem solved. Last night I put the stat back in so that we could run it today.

We pulled the valve cover and found this. My machinist came over to take a look and I mentioned that there seemed to be fresh coolant below the valve springs of 4 and 6. I wondered if when he cut the spring pockets to fit my springs that maybe it got too thin. He has done this before to different heads. Well, after pressurizing the cooling system, water flowed out from under the 4 valve spring. These were a set of JY 714 heads.

I'm having a set of 360 heads done and we will get a different set of locks and retainers that will fit with the springs. No cutting on Mopar valve spring seats. Now I know.

Last edited by cdstl; 03/23/16 02:06 AM.

1972 Cuda 340 4 speed, 2001 Ram CTD 4x4 6 speed, 1970 Duster 408 4 speed, 1996 Ram 5.9 2x4 auto, 1965 Coronet 500