On my last Dart project, I had ordered Soft Seal for the roof rail. It was a horrible fit in several ways. I actually contacted Soft Seal about it. They had me send them a piece of my original molding and they sent me a box of extrusions that I could choose from for them to make me a molding out of. But none of them would work. We went round and round for weeks.

Then I posted this saga on A bodies and a couple of guys responded that they had been through the same merry go round with Soft Seal. So Soft Seal was selling a roof molding that they well knew wouldn't fit. The other thing that came out of the A bodies post was a referral to Dixie for Steele moldings. I had never even heard of Steele before that.

I called Dixie and discovered that they carried all the major brands and wouldn't hesitate to share their experiences with the different brands in their particular applications.

The Steele fit pretty good, not as good as the original, but good. Which was light years ahead of the Soft Seal which wouldn't fit at all. So, from now on, I'm calling Dixie first. And posting the question here and on A bodies. The collective experience that can be tapped into is priceless.

Master, again and still