Hello,

I want to buy a tow rig and an enclosed trailer.

Tow Rig:
The tow rig will only make long hauls (500+ miles or more) maybe once a year. The remainder will be closer hauls (>100 miles). I would like to also put a camper in the bed of it. This means it would need to be able to handle both a camper in its bed and a 20 ft (or 24 ft) enclosed car trailer at the same time. I also live in Colorado, so mountain driving will be needed at times. The new diesels are so much money (45k and up) that I am having a hard time pulling the trigger on one them. My ultimate truck would be a diesel dually with the ASIN trans (maybe even auto-leveling). But that is big bucks. Will a 1500 do the job? Diesel or gas? What years? I am a Mopar guy, but would consider GMC/Chevy/Ford. Friends have told me to go for the 2006-early 2007 Ram diesel models. Whatever I decide to do, I don't want to end up with a worn out truck that isn't reliable and needs a bunch of repairs.

Enclosed Trailer:
Next, I want to buy an enclosed trailer to haul my car in. I am currently looking for used trailers in the 20 to 24 foot lengths. Which length is best? What options are worth considering? I am not a racer and just want the enclosed trailer to protect the car during hauls.

Any suggestions and guidance on either/both will be very helpful. I am trying to gather as much info as I can at this point to make a good decision.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by jbeintherockies; 03/08/16 12:29 AM.