Alas this is why my 383 is apart right now and I've spoke with Dwayne Porter. I'm not intending to spending another dime on those stock heads. When I built mine it was on the cheap and at least I had the fore thought to zero out the deck/pistons.

Be very careful with what heads you decide on for a 383 as the valves can be shrouded. Example the EStreets. I figured I'd be ahead of the game doing those, but after talking with Dwayne it seems they need several hundred in chamber work to get them to flow and unshroud. I'm getting off track here but it's not as easy as opening a box and flopping a head on a 383. There consideration that a 440 doesn't face. The 906 aren't terrible on a 383 if they've have some work done and the smaller runners of the iron are a plus.. All per Porter. the runners can be large on some aluminum heads, and he cautioned me to not touch them on the EStreets as they're already 210 now. Valve job and chamber work only. Just like cam selection and most other parts of a 383 build knowledge, and caution yield best results. Now I'm trying to figure out where to look next. I may end up with Stealths myself. All of the large runners heads (TF) ect just seem like a mistake on a streetable 383 after talking Dwayne.

Current cars: 2000 Dak Quad Cab, 2012 Challenger,1970 Road Runner, 1994 Firehawk

1966 Coronet post sedan, 1988 Corvette, 2005 Magnum RT all SOLD

R70RUNNER<---VP Inland Empire Chapter of the MPM