You can pull off the swap 78/79 single grilles are one piece and hard to come by in good condition...very hard. Now you can still find military surplus 1976 3 piece grilles in new condition but they do not come with bezels when sold gotta hunt those, this is the route I went down after failing to find a good 78/79 while not loosing my first born child. The spread width is a bit different between 78/79 and 76 as is the depth but all said you will modify your support/buckets for either route so 6 of one half dozen thing there its the issue of finding a grille you can live with. PM me if you go the 78/79 route I have 4 of the round headlight grilles with dif levels of issues. None I choose to use but one would be good for a driver I think, or if you need a beat up one to mock up with while on the hunt for a nos 78/79. You can have one free I have no need for them really (not a for sale ad at all here) You can look up "76 grille swap help please" and see the steps it took to mount 76 on 79 with rounds and how military grilles clean up.

Last edited by timeklr; 02/16/16 12:19 AM.