Originally Posted By Dodge
Hey Ron, I haven't bought seat covers. How or what could someone do to improve over legendary covers? Thanks Terry

The material is the best we can get but not as durable as original covers.

Years back the rear upper seat material wouldn't lay correctly on my first 72 Satellite, I contacted them and they agreed the material was sewn wrong. They allowed me to send the seat to them on my dime and they redid it for free and returned to me on their dime. Glad it got fixed but cost me more for no fault of my own.

The seat covers I got a little over a year ago for my present 72 Satellite are stitched different on the upper rear of the front buckets. I noticed a couple months later when I was bringing them to the upholstery guy. I called them and sent pictures of the difference. The reply was yes we've seen that a couple of times but it's not the norm. They say the way my original seats are stitched on that upper back side is like a 73 seat. So I asked to send these back to get the right ones and they said that there would be a special order charge of another $200 because it's not the norm. Mind you my buddy has the same discrepancy on the upper seatback from them for his original 71 GTX seats he recently purchased too.
So how could I with my original 72 have 73 style stitch and my friend with his original 71 have 73 style stitch and it's such a rarity that they want to charge extra????

Why not put a note in their catalogs that there is two different styles to look out for?

They don't have all the correct headliners anymore and just want you to accept the GM pattern so I had to have one made by SMS which now looks correct but feels like totally different material than original.

A bunch of their seat foam isn't shaped as original so you need a good guy to correct that.

Even though my car is a driver I am very particular but for the money spent I expect no issues.
Ron