Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
If you think you need hollow stems....... You need titanium.

Thanks for the input, guys. I don't know if I need hollow stems or Ti valves, but figure I may be on the edge with the steel stuff? 16 Ti valves would put a hurt on what I have budgeted for this season for freshen up. My thinking is, I have a mild exhaust lobe ; 296 @ .050 of duration, only .684 lift with 1.55 rockers, .748 with 1.7 rockers. I am running the 1.55 rockers at the moment. I hope I can get by on that side by carefully setting up the springs, and running enough pressure. At 2.000 I.H. I have 310 lbs on the seat, comp 947 triples. I can run them tighter and gain seat pressure if needed? I have a new set of slicks that will bring the rpm down to about 7600 rpm, which will help. I shift at 7100.
The intakes are what I am more concerned about, 2.300 + .100 long BBC stainless valves. I will be going to 2.050 I. H. and Comp 948 springs, which will be about 370 lbs on the seat. I should be about .085 to coil bind on the intakes, a lot more on the exhaust.
I have read that the hollow valves will add about half the rpm range you can gain with Ti valves, and eight steel hollow stem intakes won't break the bank. I need to freshen the valve job anyway. So that is where all this started, hoping to gain a bit of horsepower, and add a little margin to my rpm range on a budget. Would appreciate opinions on the plan.

Last edited by gregsdart; 02/08/16 02:51 AM.

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky