the front shaft is MIA when I got it. it has the cv on the axle end. I have never worked with/seen one this style.

I have not been able to find one either. I got a part# from the dealer from the VIN# and no longer available.

right now with the front shaft out it works pretty smooth full lock turns. I do feel the LS diff working and seems to be in good shape.

turning the front yoke by hand it does not seem to have much play in the chain.

both engine & trans mount are shot, I was told the shaft was removed to keep the engine/trans from moving around under power. with rear shaft only it takes a lot of throttle from a stop to get it to move/feel/hear it so I take it easy.

mount get replaced next week and will have a nice muff replace the dinky junk replacement that is on it.

with the mounts bottomed out it has pulled the xfer shifter out of the plastic bushing and does not want to shift to low. I did get it in lo long enough to try it a little. this should be good when mounts are replaced.

been busy with it replacing the neglect of service. so far I have replaced

BATT.
ps pump
ps pump pully
front wheel bearings x2
front cv axles x2
front brake rotors & pads x2
rear brake pads x2
tensioner pully
idler pully
valve cover gaskets
serp belt
left headlight bulb
tag light bulb x2

all stock pieces except for the 2 idler pullys. 18 yrs for stock VC is almost unheard of now days.

working on

rad flush ( cant find drain plug for rad? )
under hood light
fog lights ( can hear relay clicking ? )
horn
rear wiper motor

now if I can only find a correct drive shaft for it. I have a front shaft and a front pinion yoke but don't want to convert it with a crush sleeve on the pinion..last resort maybe.

Last edited by scratchnfotraction; 02/07/16 11:57 AM.