Hello all. I recently had an issue with a broken ductile rocker arm in our N/SS car's engine. That failure also bent the push-rod and pushed the roller lifter out of the bore, eliminating all oil pressure. I pulled the engine and checked all the bearings which look fine.

The engine is a 413 + .060". It runs a .680 lift, solid roller cam. The rockers are 1.5:1 ratio. This engine has run for roughly 250 passes. It ran 10.82 @ 123 as a best et. We typically shift at 6500 RPM and see 6800 at the stripe.

I am wondering if the rockers are not suitable for this combination, given the high spring pressure associated with the cam shaft. It would be easy to replace the broken rocker and bent push rods and put it back together. Do you think I'm asking for trouble?

This car has Mopar Performance steel max wedge heads, and uses a standard rocker shaft assembly. As a side note, I run the same rockers in my street car. That engine is a 496" RB with a Comp Cams Street Roller Cam (.575" lift). Should I consider replacing the rockers on both cars?? Thanks in advance.