Most everything we do here is at a fairly high level and in the past had always used Jesel "keyway" lifters and never had an issue, other than the price. On the advice of Charlie @ Buck Racing Engines, I switched over to Cam FX lifters and have been nothing but pleased. They hold up as well as the Jesels and are a good bit cheaper.

Have also used Morel's in other combos with no issues. While some get good results from the $350 Comps and others in that price range, it all depends on the combination and pressures involved. Like some of the others though, I haven't built a motor with low spring pressures in several years, because that's just not what we do...........But I will say, that I recently built a fairly moderate motor for myself, for a mostly street deal, with a much milder cam profile. I still used a "good" lifter in it, just for the peace of mind. Have had and seen too many failures from the "cheaper" lifters and just won't risk it. We see issues with the bodies starting to "fork" at the bottom, then other problems ensue