Originally Posted By moparx
Originally Posted By AZ_A12_BEE
Originally Posted By OzHemi
Problem might be those rivets? in between the studs hitting the surface of the wheel..?

Good spotting, I will see if I can remove them after I install studs

look close at the back side of the wheel. if there is a relief between the stud holes, you were probably sitting flat on the drum surface. if not, you will see shiny places or gouges where the rivet heads were touching. even if there were reliefs, if they weren't deep enough, you will see the same. in your last two pics above, it appears there seems to be metal transfer [aluminum] on the rivet heads, indicating the wheels are touching the rivets instead of the drum surface. look also at the holes in the wheels. i will bet there is "mashing" of the hole at the front face where the taper of the stock lugs gouged a somewhat taper into the lug nut holes. in order for those wheels to be used with the correct nuts now, the holes will have to be reamed to the correct size to remove the "mashed in" area of the holes at the top surface area. the back side of the wheels may also need attention if the rivets caused severe gouging of the mounting surface. if it is severe enough, it will require the wheel to be chucked in a lathe or bridgeport to insure a flat surface be restored. what rear do you have installed ? if stock [i can't remember], the lug bolts will also need to be changed to the proper studs as well as the drum rivet problem addressed. i hate to sound like i am picking on you,[please don't take it that way,i am not by any stretch of the imagination] but this is a SAFETY issue that affects you and others, as well as the damage it could cause to your truck. you indicate a disc conversion is in your future. now is the time to do so. i assure you, you will be time and money ahead to do so now !
beer

Truck won't go back on the road till its 100% safe

69.5 A12 Bee, first purchased in 1976, car 169 on registry 69 Coronet R/T 440/4 spd 69 Coronet 500 Conv H code 383 4bbl/auto 37 Plymouth PU Find your spot on earth and ride it.