Originally Posted By kenworth_goose
I would like to see you put a 750 DP on it and play around with the jets and squirters. Check fuel pressure also. That carb won't make a 6 cyl run good. Too small.

I agree the 600 was too small. It has a 750 vacuum secondary on it now that is pretty much in it's original configuration from Holley - 70 jets, 6.5 PV, 31 squirter. I did change the pump cam to the pink one from the orange, (there is no bog) and changed the secondary spring from the yellow to the brown. (yellow was too light) The floats are set properly (trickle out sight plug), the transfer slot is a square yada yada yada.

Thought about going down on the jets to 68 but it seems OK right now, not sure it's necessary.

Idle vacuum is around 16", idles at 850. I have not driven around with a vacuum gauge but I'm sure the PV is in the ballpark. I definitely do not need a lower one and I don't think I need it coming in quicker.

Have not checked fuel pressure. Guy I bought it from claimed it had a 'hemi' fuel pump on it, whatever that means. Looks like a Carter strip pump. Guess I should find one of those little pressure gauges...

I put my Proform 750 DP on it briefly and it worked well but I didn't think I wanted a double pumper on it for regular/highway driving.

'71 Duster
'72 Challenger
'17 Ram 1500