here is version 2 of the auto shifter i modified , started out as a montero sport auto shifter like the one in the pic
. pulled the handle off which left a nice piece of round tubing to work with and the threaded rod for the button to shift thru the gate . removed the threaded rod and installed new longer piece along with longer tubing, got some 3/8 rod then threaded it for the shift knob and drilled a hole out for the smaller threaded rod to go thru for the push button . for the trans shifter i tore it down to the bushing , welded on longer piece of tubing then hammered in the 3/8 rod and tapped it for the knob

took the body back off so it would be easier to make new cross members and get the fuel cell mounted . cut one of the stock cross members out and one of the ones i made to make room for the fuel cell , its tight but fuel cell drops pretty easy . did it this way so the cell is close to stock gas tank location which will allow me to use the stock filler
next up is cutting the frame horns off in the back that are mangled and replacing them then possibly install a spare tire carrier