As many of you may have already read I recently purchased a clean 86 1 ton. Since buying it I've been doing some stuff to it.
I got it running right away after buying it. I got it started at the auction so I could get it loaded on my trailer easier. It runs surprisingly good for the length of time it had been sitting. As far as I can tell I'd guess sometime around 2009. It has new tires that have a build date of 04/08. Tires have zero wear, but are junk from the cracks. I will put two new tires on the front while running the tires that are on the rear and keeping the front tires mounted as spares. I have some extra wheels laying around. I feel with dual tires on the rear I'll take a chance and run them for a while. I removed the box on the back. I wish I would have cut the sides off of the bed. It would have made an amazing flatbed. Been doing lots of cleaning on it. Scratch sent me an aircleaner for it. I removed the air pumps, replaced the ps and alternator belt. I've also installed a big heavy duty Curt hitch on it. Also hung 2 led tail lights and brackets. I had to replace the brake caliper on the driver's side front. I bought both sides, just haven't got to the other side yet. I'll be ordering rotors and ceramic pads from Rock this week. I'll be changing the plugs and fuel filter Monday, then taking it to get a tag on it. I also need to replace the wiper motor and bushings. Everything else works good on it. Going to get some channel for the flatbed next week also. Wish me luck!

Last edited by kenworth_goose; 12/19/15 05:48 PM.