Looks like a great start! I can see a passenger side door in the pictures. I'd want to be sure there is a driver side door. Its only going to fit a 35 & 36 2 door car. A driver door won't be easy to find. The rear fender might be a challenge to locate, but you can build a car without fenders, its difficult to build one without a driver side door.

Does he have a title? If not, do you know what it takes to get a title in the state you live in? Some states are not bad getting titles, others are expensive nightmares with enough hoops to jump through you will feel like a circus clown.

The frame, if its not rusted through, and fits under the body is a starting point. The 60s 8 3/4 (if its newer then 66) is a big plus. The hole in the roof is standard procedure, originally it had a canvas & wood covering that rotted away in the weather, most were long gone or near gone by WWII. There are a few options of solving the roof issue.

You wanted a clean slate, that one looks about as clean as these old rides come. Body parts are the hard stuff to come by, most of that one is still there. Pending the driver door, and the price, I would probably have it here already, if it looks any where near as good in real life as it does in pictures. Gene