Originally Posted By kenworth_goose
360. I can build a stock stroke 360 that will put an A-body into the 11's easily. I've built a few, all the same build. 360std bore, KB 10to1's on stock 273 rods. I don't change balance at all. windage tray, stock pan. stock heads with fresh valve job, 508 purple shaft with roller tip adjustable rockers set lash at zero. Single plane torquer II intake, 750 DP holley with some bigger jets, squirters. Hooker headers. factory electronic dist with recurve springs. That's all I do. The first one I built ran in a full body, interior, exhaust, stock suspension 68 dart. Also had a stock convertor in a fresh 727 with shift kit and 3.91's. Very simple, cheap build that ran like crazy. It went 12.40's with zero traction over half track at over 115mph at the finish. If I had the chance to change the convertor, put the 4.30's in it and some sticky tires it would run mid 11's easy. Had over 435 at the wheels. You don't need strokers and big dollar fancy parts to go fast if the combo is made for each other. Want to see the car do a burnout? Go to youtube and lookup Kenworthgoose. WE were in Heath at the Chrysler dealer that year.

That would be my choice, too. The only advantage the big block has is that the dist is in the front and extra stock cubes. Spark plug access, header design, weight bias are all in favor of the small block. A much better balance.

ShopBurnout.jpg

1986 Dodge Ramcharger 440 2wd, Bracket Racer Under Construction
1998 Ram 2500 QuadCab, new daily driver.
2008 Honda Element
2014 Carry-On 7x14 Cargo Trailer