What's crazy is I work at Chrysler, years ago I worked at the axle plant. One day for the heck of it I took a stroll to see what type of inspection marks the axle's wore today.. It was a Sunday so i rolled right up to the finshed axles at the end of the assembly line, the very first completed axle I saw had "White Power" written across it.. Our plant had just shipped 500+ axles that were bad to Dodge truck, the plant manager was pissed and wanted everything triple checked so there were racks and racks of axles with 30+ marks on them. They ran out of the bingo dabbers so most of the marks were done with paint pens, all colors....
Now on to the rolls and rolls of more finished axles... Our paint line went down so they were having the painters paint them by hand. Well, these axles showed no inspection marks but if you looked real close you can see the paint lifting where the inspection marks were placed under the paint. Add in the fact everything today is more uniform than it was 40 years ago... Fast forward 20 years from now and your restoring a Dodge truck. There's a guy telling you the dot on the pinion yoke is suppose to be orange and exactly 13/16's wide and 1 3/16 long or it's incorrect.. Just seems weird when your in a factory and see how it's really done.

Dave Dudek
1st Factory Stock legal car in the 10`s!!! [/b]
FAST & Factory Stock Rules: www.fastraces.org

FAST 69 Hemi RR 9.98@139