My summer upgrade(repair) has become my fall/winter project. I hurt a rod bearing in the Dart's Indy headed smallblock at MATS.

Thought I would just park the car until after my Demon project with a new hemi was done. But life/work/house stuff has made progess slow on that project. I found out I need my racing therapy and my Wife is encouraging me to get back racing soon.

The Darts 427" ring and bearing freshen up has become a new crank, rods, pistons, valves, guides, springs, retainers, lifters and machine work redo. Keeping the same baby cam and tail pipes, so the haters have something to talk about. Along with a trans freshen up.

Upgrades to combo are a increase to 434" from a 4.125" bore to a 4.155", a little lighter rotating assembly,.043 ring pack, knife edged crank and with the help of Superformance gaskets hopefully a few less leaks and the ability to pump a little more crankcase vacuum.

Parts are back home now, trans is done. Time to let the Demon and the house projects sit. Then put the engine and the car back together, so I can wear it out next year

Last edited by Just-a-dart; 11/15/15 03:35 AM.

"Just a Bracket car dressed up like a streetcar"