I am posting this for a friend from another message board, he acquired a 340 and is wondering what type of car it came from I will copy and paste all the info that he has posted over there and if anyone can help it would be much appreciated. We are chevy folks and don't know anything about identifying Mopar stuff. If you guys need anything else I will give him a call and see if he can get it. Thanks

I retrieved most of the numbers u asked for-- OK, here goes-- Block casting # 2780930-340B(on L/side of block,near rear)---Cast date(right side block),6/10/71--- Front of block,right below head- HM-340-R, and next to it, 37360253(might be VIN). I forgot to pull valve covers-so I'll pull one tomorrow, and get the numbers on head. I also didn't get to pull the lower pulley from balancer, but did measure it, and look it over. It is a big balancer, solid all around,with no offsets,or weight cuts, measures a little over 7 1/4 inches, and is a little over 3/4 inch thick.

I did get a valve cover pulled, and the casting numbers on the head are as follows. 3418915, near the front of head--- and AAWJ near the rear of head. The casting date on head was 26/3/1(I assume Mar 26,1971).

Last edited by Mark Romeo; 01/16/09 12:14 PM.

Dean Racing Engines World Class Transmission