Even sticking the 1.88 1.6 valves in the existing open chamber 318 head will be a better choice. No valve shrouding like the 2.02 valve will give you, no uber low compression like the big chamber will give you, no chamber over lap (or extra crevice volume) and more velocity for low end tq. I still think the 360 head is the worst idea. By the way the cop car engines had a better timing curve, 800 CFM VS 200 CFM carb and exhaust that also helped get that whopping 27 HP so a bunch of changes were needed to get that handfull of HP and off set the terrible choice of heads, the "big giant head" was only there for NOX reduction purposes. Compression was no where near 9 to 1 on a 318 in real life except for 1967 because of the 920 closed chamber (smallest CC head ever installed on a 318) head and thin head gaskets and the later magnum 318 from 92-02. Even the great 302 head with the taller pistons was less. The fact that scratchin is happy is a testament to how well the whiplash cam works, not the 360 heads.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!