Originally Posted By JohnRR
Boy did you get lucky , I hope the broken one didn't cause the valve keepers to pop off and drop the valve ?

It appears that the rockers are clearancing themselves on the retainers by the looks of the one that didn't break ?

Do yourself a favor and pitch those ALL in the scrap pile, the valve train is not a place to skimp with cheap chinese GARBAGE.

These are the only two that came apart. There are several others though that the roller shafts have come loose on. I assume the shafts getting beaten out is the early stages of the failure shown above. There is no interference between the rocker arm and retainers. The witness marks above are from the rollers coming out, thus utilizing the rocker body as the contact point.

I was very lucky it didn't drop the valve. I attribute that to a higher power, it really should have dropped both valves.

I am guessing at this point that the failure was partly due to the high lash at moderate RPM for long duration mixed with poor quality rockers. As I continue dissecting things I'll know better though.

At this point, I am curious to know what rocker arms are suitable for use in the conditions I mentioned earlier. Will I find a rocker suitable for that application or should I really be looking at a G.V. overdrive or alternative way to reduce engine RPM at cruising speed?

Even the valve stems look a little rough. Is 3000 RPM for long duration just asking to much? Perhaps with the lash requirements it was?

[img]https://s9.postimg.cc/6fbjxzfvv/48-2016-_Drag-_Weekend-_Best-_Burnouts-lpr.jpg[/img]

73 GTX *440*727*8 3/4*
69 DART GT *440*4 SPEED*DANA*
73 ROAD RUNNER *451*4 SPEED*DANA*
64 F100 *383*4 SPEED*9"*
75 DODGE D300 *440*4 SPEED*DANA*
99 DODGE RAM 3500 4X4 DUALLY... ON 38"s