Hey Mitch, This is Tim owner of Paradise Road Rod & Custom, in Indy. We have talked several times. The car is still being build. Unfortunately.I was thinking that 200 was pretty stiff for as light as the car is. my estimate is 2800 but may come it a little over or under that number. your car is running 225/5 i would think you car has got to out weigh mine by a good 800lbs if not more. That was the reason for confusion on my end. I was thinking 175 but that maybe not enough. I will talk with Mark tomorrow.
Originally Posted By Mopar Mitch
PRRC -- I've run the FlexAForm fiberglass mono leafs with very good results and satisfaction. The primary reason I switched to them, back in the late 80s, was for weight reduction for my SCCA E/SP class competition. They weigh only about 10# each; the factory SS leafs I was previously running (de-arched) were very heavy at ~30# each. Other top-rated SCCA AX competitors had good results with FlexAForm... they worked with me to determine the best choice for my intentions.

You first need to know your 4-corner weight as you'd be typically driving/racing (fuel level, trunk items, etc). For best handling with leafs, you want them to be near a flat level most of the time... little arch. In my setup, we determined 225# with a 5" uncompressed arch... compressed at-rest resulted in about 1~1.5" arch ... a slight compromise allowed by me for some rare street/hwy driving (full tank, trunk stuff, etc... bt not much... always conscious of the extra weight I'd have in the car.

If I'd do it again, I'd consider a touch stiffer from current 225/5 to 250/4... I know other AX racers running their GM f-bodies at 250/4 and they like them.

For street driving there are occasional rough roads.. and... the stiffer REAR suspension will become more noticeable quickly to you... before the front stiffer suspension gets noticed.

I suggest working with FlexAForm... they're a good company (OE Corvette experience) -- you don't want "off the shelf" leafs if you can avoid it.. because they aren't typically made to YOUR specs needed for YOUR specific car and intentions.

Also, all new leafs (metal or fglass) will take a short initial time to settle... maybe ~2-weeks.

Whatever you get, avoid high-arch springs (with your car at-rest) as that will defeat the intended purpose of improved handling. Of course, if you routinely drive over rough roads, you WILL feel the ride as on the rough-side, so... avoid rough roads.