Quote:

The biggest reason I went with Wilwoods was because the guy at Aerospace in Florida gave me a real hard time about my spindles.He said they had to have them sent to them to match up the brakes correctly.I understood the reason for what he was saying,but I also KNEW what was on my car,and told him so,we've had the car over 30 years,but he didn't want to listen,so Hot Rods USA got my business.

My Wilwoods spin freely.I took a lot of time to ensure that the wheel bearings were adjusted properly and that the calipers were centered over the rotors.I cannot say they spin the same as the Aerospace,as I've never used them.

Hey Chris - yes they do that, which is a pain. I'm one of, if not the, only dealers that is allowed to not send my customer's spindles in. I generally take my time and do a measurement template to verify what's on the car.

The result of that process is that every Mopar front kit I sell is a custom kit fit to that spindle so OEM variation is removed from the mix.

Personally, I think they should trust guys to know what they have, but they were burned too many times. And I can say that I have had more than one case where a customer told me he had one thing and the measurements proved he had something else. Not often, but it has happened. I absolutely refuse to subject my customers to having to pull their spindles and send them at their expense. I have taken the time to do the template and so far it has worked flawlessly.