I am mocking up and measureing a 400 block 512 C.I. stroker motor, the machine shop accidently included a set of Clevite main bearings, MS867P in the parts returned to me. I normally use the Seal Power M4094 main bearings on my low deck builds but I attempted to use the Clevites, they are not chamfered on the front and back edges and ended up locking the crankshaft up once the mains where torqued down with the crank laid in the bearings runaway They had less bearing clearances and more variences in the clearances as well as the bearing shell width varied a bunch more (.004 compared to .0010) on the Clevites bearings I checked than the Seal Powers do shruggy The Seal Powers have the front and back edges chamfer on the bearings needed to work properly with a conventional radius corner stroker crank also thumbs The Clevites may work fine on a stock crankshaft that have the standard inverted raduis(probally not the correct name for the Mopar finish on the rod and main bearing journals on the edges of the crank journals confused)The Seal Powers work well on both, both sets are full narrow groove Tri metal main bearings sets but they are not equal to each other tsk IHTH some one else avoid the pain and grief I had with the Clevites, nothing like wasting 5 or 6 hours trouble shooting a problems like this one down

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)