So we figured out that the ignition switch in my 73 duster is bad. Call Year One to order one. They tell me they no longer have NOS switches, just aftermarket ones,so I ordered one. We get a chance to fix it yesterday. A relative of mine who has been a mechanic all his life, especially with old mopars for almost 30 years comes to help me out. We get to the point to install the new one and it won't fit. Get to looking at the 2 and the new one is completely put together wrong. The tab for the ignition lock is 180 degrees going the wrong way.Plus the wiring did not look right. We call Year One and the guy admits they know they have had problems with the aftermarket switches. So we ask him then why do you keep selling them or tell people up front,he gives us attitude. They are sending me another one and I'm sending this one back.Needless to say I'm a little pissed at Year One.
I would feel more comfortable with a NOS switch. Does anyone know who is still carring them? Or a good place to get a quality aftermarket one? I hate to find out I got another bad one or find out the car won't run after we get it back together

old340dog