We installed a Hot Wire EFI for a 97 5.9 in a 57 Dodge wagon. The 97 has the computer controlled trans. We bought a used engine, trans, engine wiring harness and factory computer. We sent our engine harness in to Hot Wire along with the money, and the harness they returned is very nice and is pretty much stand alone. There are only 4 wires you have to connect to your vehicle, but there are also wires included with the harness to connect to gauges and other things you may or may not want to use. The harness has the relays and a small fuse box included and they are wired in, it lays across the motor very well and connects to all the original 5.9 sensors & trans sensors & connections. The harness is long enough to reach inside the car (drill a 2 1/2" hole). We mounted the computer, relays & fuse box on the trans tunnel under a consel.

We ran into an issue because we had updated the body wiring from the 57 to a mid 60s harness. The Hot Wire kit we had made was for the 57 wiring (as to our instructions. Oops!) The tech line guy was great, and when we discovered the issue, the hot wire system worked flawlessly. We have only put a few hundred miles on the car since the Hot Wire kit has been installed (the car is in progress).

I would not be afraid to purchase another Hot Wire kit. I suspects if my son comes up with a late model Hemi, we will be ordering another kit from Hot Wire. Gene