Quote:

I used to have a PTC convertor, till it broke.

Here is what i have found, and its borne out by an expert who cut mine open and showed me how, where and why it failed, and how a premium unit wouldnt have

The "cheapie" PTC convertor(the like 699 dollarish 8 inch)isnt made as well nor does it have the same quality of components as an ATI/Turbo Action Unit. Those cost more money , to be fair, than 699 or so.

In short, you CAN get a good, well made convertor from PTC, but the one they make that "seems" cheaper than the others, is in fact not made as well.

You need to spend ATI/Turbo Action money with Ptc to get a comparable quality convertor.

My point in saying all this(and i speak from experience)is that the base PTC isnt as good as some others, so you arent really saving money on it if you require a high quality piece.

My advice, spend the extra and get a higher quality PTC if you are making serious power, or get(at that point)a comparable piece from any of the other big convertor makers.

I bought the budget 699 PTC piece, thinking, wow, i saved 200 bucks, guess what, i didnt...........

I agree as i bought the budget ptc and my car went from spinning the tires on the street with the stock converter. then wouldnt even chirp a tire with the ptc. the "street" converter was junk. i have heard the more expensive ptc converters are awesome though.