Originally Posted By DaytonaTurbo
Originally Posted By HotRodDave
Been my experience most guys pad their real MPG 3-5 mpg to justify the expense of owning a miniture big rig.

While I would tend to agree, the 10mpg he's reporting is bad. However like suggested, we need to know your mpg after a relatively long highway run. Fill-to-fill calculated by hand, not using the overhead console for mpg and report know your speed.

FWIW, while at a 55-60mph cruise, my 99 24v long box 4x4 quad cab got 18 according to the overhead console, which I never verified by hand in the time I owned the truck. My buddy has an 04 24v crew cab 4x4 and his would show the same mpg at the same speed as mine. I know in winter, the overhead console would struggle to hit double digit mpg during town driving. I don't put a lot of stock in those reported numbers but it is something to watch for consistency if anything.

I have the twin to your truck and it gets similar numbers. 350,000 KM 4x4 47RE and 3.54 gears and 265/75/16 tires.

I bought it this summer in Sask and drove it to Ontario which is 1800 miles give or take. The overhead was showing 18-18.5 tank to tank average 70-75 MPH and I verified it by hand. Mixed driving it does 17 and some tenths. I thought it might be maybe a mile or two light but I haven't run the valves on it yet and that can adversely affect mileage on a diesel.

Kevin