I have had 2 summers of driving the Demon. The whole time I have suspected that I have a front end problem, but couldn't find it. Here are the symptoms.
1. When I drive down the road the car will twitch on it's own. Mostly to the left but sometimes to the right.
2. When I hit WOT from a dead stop the car will pull hard to the left and when I let off it wants to go right.
3. On some corners the front tires will squeel.
4. Even though the front end was lined up the steering wheel is off of center to the left.
I suspect this is a bump steer problem. Although I have not been able to check the lengths of the tierods due to the cold weather lately, that is where I am going to start this time. If they are not the same length, would that cause this problem? What are other things I should look for? Is there any way that the home mechanic with out special tools can cure or at least get it close and then get an alignment done?

I have standard steering with a stock steering box, radial front tires and M/T Sprortsman pros on the back. I also have a spool rearend. I don't drive the car in the rain and I am used to the understeer caused by the spool. All of the frontend joints and bushings were new less than 2000 miles ago except the Pitman arm which was good.

I pretty well eliminated the spool being the problem last summer when I had a 2.94 peg legger in for a weekend and the problem was still there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this car is a real bear to drive right now.

Jack