These are really cool but seldom seen steering wheels.(see attachment of a factory add)

It would be interesting to know how many people on the board have or know of anyone that has one of these wheels. As you can see in the attachment, this version of the wheel had a set of horn levers that extended through the openings in the spokes. I've never seen one of these wheels with this setup. The only ones I've seen have a center cap that's used to blow the horn leaving the holes in the spokes open and all too inviting to place your fingers there! Thus came the nick name "Finger Cutter"!

From my experience, the edges on the openings in the spokes are extremely sharp and I even cut a finger just by handling the wheel to examine it before I got working on it. That won't happen again!!! First thing that happens from now on is that the spokes will get masked off... LOL

Does anyone have any Chrysler tech sheet on these wheels? Anything that says when they were introduced or when they were re-called?

Because the spokes are chromed, you can't even take the edge off the spokes with sandpaper or you'll damage the plating.

If you have one of these wheels, did it originally come on your car or did you purchase it and install it yourself? I restored one that ended up on a 67 Hemi GTX convertible here in Canada but it was an add on and not original to the car.

Any info or pictures of these wheels would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Doug Lepak
The Steering Wheel Guy
web site: http://members.shaw.ca/stwheels/index.htm
e-mail: stwheels@shaw.ca