I did the headlight relays and the amp guage by-pass. After doing this I highly recommend both procedures (amp guage bypass first, then relays).

FWIW...

Did I get the expected results?
Yes and no..

Yes, when running down the road the headlights
are very bright and the interior dash lights and everything runs much better... The car even
starts and idles better...

However, when sitting at a stop light,
at idle, in the rain,
defroster on, wipers on, headlights on..
you still have a fundemental problem

At idle, the mopar alternator does not put out
enough amperage AT IDLE to feed all of this stuff if it is all turned on... for very long
it starts to draw (and draw quickly from the battery) which means the voltage starts to drop
meaning the lights will start to dim...

So, if you sit in your driveway with the car at idle, and turn on the headlights (and brights)
you'll notice over time ( a few minutes) that the voltage will start to drop....and drop ....and drop...

The problem is immediately alleviated if you crank up the idle (rev the engine) or put it in gear and go... The idea being, chrysler never intended on you sitting in your driveway doing this. only pulling up to a stop light for a minute or two..

ANYWAY..if your driving your car with lights on,
radio on, defroster on (or AC on) etc.. at night
and you pull up to a stop light and wait your going to notice a slight dimming of the lights

So it's not a flawless fix... but it is a substantial improvement... especially while going down the road.

I am planning on adding a relay for the AC.
I spoke to Mark at MAD Electrical and he said the
only way to alleviate this is to go with a high
amp alternator which puts out more juice at idle..

The big question is: exactly what is the idle output for a stock 50 amp / 60 amp/ 78 amp
alternator and what is the idle amp output
for the upgraded powermaster alternator or
FBO alternator...

Is it really worth it to upgrade the alternator.
FWIW, my 2002 truck NEVER has this issue...

Oh well,, it was a lot of fun to do this

I put my headlight relays on the radiator core support on the inside by the battery...
right next to the forward light harness.
I routed the power wires directly from the alternator BAT terminal across the radiator core support (its hidden with the forward light harness which routes the same way) ...