Originally Posted By a12rag
Welcome to the "CAN BUS" system . . . the switches now send a signal on the can bus, to the controller module, which sends a signal to the power window motor (to go up or go down) . . . I wonder if you have a scanner that you could hook up to the OBDII port and see if there are any codes in there ??? If so, you might be able to erase the codes and see if that resets everything ??? I don't claim to know anything about the new stuff, but do know that if the modules aren't "talking" to each other correctly, then things go wonky . . . good luck with it !

Cheers

Mark

I didn't go into that part in my original post either. I took it to a local mechanic who just spent many $1000s updating to the latest Snap-On diagnostic scanner.

There were three codes in it. One had something to do with the radio, one was something about the electric power steering, and one was the BCM had lost communication. Was late on a Friday so we didn't get too involved but thought the BCM code might have occurred because I had taken the battery cable off (previous post...lol).

He cleared the codes and sent me on my way. Still didn't fix the window situation but about a 1/4 mile down the road my CEL comes on! WTH now?? I go back and he plugs the scanner back in and it now has 11 codes in it!!! How did that happen?? Anyway, he clears all those out and sends me on my way again. No more CEL since but what a head scratcher.

I now have an appointment at a dealer next Tuesday.
Dallas

Last edited by MOBodyman; 09/17/15 06:53 PM.

2012 Rallye Redline Challenger, 1st new car!
2010 Ram 1500 4wd HEMI-hauler
2014 Dodge Dart-gas saver
4 projects and a bunch of parts cars, losing interest since buying the Challenger lol
1969 Dodge Coronet 500-'gonna fix 'er up someday!'