Originally Posted By Supercuda
Originally Posted By 6PakBee
Well maybe diesel is diesel is diesel but..... The two trips I've made east with my 2010 Cummins, I started in ND at about 17 mpg. From there the mileage steadily increased. By the time I hit Ohio I was up to about 21 mpg. On the return trip by the time I got back to ND I was back to 17 mpg again. Both times. All numbers from the onboard display.

shruggy

North Dakota is 1400 feet higher, on average, than Ohio, that is your difference I am sure.

Good point.
I carry a old altimeter from a old weather station I have for racing in our RV. It helps us keep track of that, not that is matters that much. But now I know what part of the country is what and helps me tune my car better/closer before I even leave Cincinnati. I don't drive around out there with the same tuneup that I use in Cincinnati.

And yea I think all the time when I drive my car out of town at like 5000-6000 feet like in Vegas, Bonneville, and other places how much less HP my car has compared to at home. I think man these guys have no idea how much air they are missing.

This picture was from last month somewhere in Utah, Az or Colorado, 6000'. It's fun the see the thing make a complete revolution when we go over the Rockies at 10K feet. I've seen it at 14K feet on top of Pikes Peak.

400 watt CB linear behind the black door. Don't tell the FCC.

I let my wife drive at low altitudes!
Turquoise nail color, it's Indian country out there!