I just put a fresh motor in my 71 Dodge Demon. It is a 340 that is 13.5:1 compression solid roller race motor. I went to start it for the first time in the car and it slowly cranks over with no spark. The ignition consists of a digital MSD AL6 powering a Mallory super mag 2 coil with a Mopar direct connection tach drive distributor. The ignition worked previously with a different distributor (since sold) and the tach drive came out of a working running vehicle. So I go to crank the car and I have no spark but upon performing the MSD checklist for checking if the modules are bad, the unit passes without faults. I have jumped the purple and green wires and have ample spark. I have spun the distributor with a drill and got 5. # volts AC at about 2000 rpms which is more than enough to trigger the MSD. I have since spun the distributor hooked to the MSD with ample spark. But when placed in the car and I try to crank it I am unsure if there is enough cranking force. I am using a starter from a Dodge Dakota 3.9. I am wondering if this could be a major factor in not triggering the distributor which has had 4 pickups in it (all new) and 2 new reluctor wheels. Will an aftermarket high torque starter work as the motor has high compression and spring pressure? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.