Drove back from Carlisle yesterday (I live Northern MD) and ran into some single lane resurfacing - fresh blacktop so we had to slow to 20 - 30MPH.....and my temp gauge is bouncing around...oil pressure looked a little low...then once I got back up to speed all seemed OK. This is the third consecutive Carlisle event with the car and with this set up and never had an issue with this - the only difference was the new asphalt.
Car is a 70 Cuda Clone with 500 CID stroker, Edelbrock heads, 6 pack, 5 speed Tremec - 4:10 gears. Engine is 3 years old brand new, radiator is a 3 core and was cleaned and any necessary repairs were made - so it is good. Flex Flan (beginning to rethink that part), Thermostat is a 195 - engine has been rock solid at 205 ever since I put all this together. Running Prestone 50/50. Everything was fine when I got home - car restarted normally....
I was just wondering if the new black top radiated that much heat back into the engine (I have a Milodon 7 quart low profile pan)?

Last edited by scrag; 07/12/15 04:56 PM.